Sunday, September 25, 2011

(Partially) Juicin' Juice: Day 10 of 10

Nothing major to report. We're still partially juicing and not going nuts on junk food. Can't say that the weight loss has continued at its pre-solid-food pace. In fact, I'd say it's reversed a bit, but that's to be expected. Probably the worst thing we've eaten so far was some frozen custard. I still have a hankering for those Quarter Pounders, but I've avoided McDonalds'. Might head there on my free day. Might not. After all, the new pizza restaurant might be open by then.

By the way, I finally tried butternut squash juice today. Awesome stuff! I was a little dubious as to what it would taste like, but it's very nice. Kind of a pain in the ass to get all the skin off of it, and there's not as much juice produced as you'd think, but it's very good. And you can save the pulp for making soup.

So, today would have been our final day on the juice fast, had we stuck exclusively to it. Have to say, it was overall a positive experience, though I don't recommend a full 10 day stretch at it. Five is probably enough for a reboot, seven if you're feeling up to it. And so far my continuing caffeine fast has gone pretty well. I miss coffee, but not as much as I thought I would. I can't say I feel all that different off it than I did on it, at least during waking hours. At night I have tended to sleep quite a bit better. My brain is not as apt to wake up at 4 a.m. and not be able to go back to sleep. That's been good.

No comments: