Friday, May 27, 2011

Another kitty MIA

No sooner do I introduce the "new" kitties on the blog than one of them vanishes. Emmett Kitty has been missing for over 24 hours. I know, I know, that's a mere fraction of the time some cats disappear and then return, especially male cats. When I was a kid, we had a cat named Bay who would disappear for three months at a stretch and then turn up out of the blue. However, Emmett is fixed and has never done this before, so we have to chalk it up as either a first time walkabout or bad news.

At first we thought it had been a couple of days since we'd seen the cat, as the wife said she didn't remember seeing him at all yesterday. However, I remembered that I did see him yesterday morning, just before breakfast, when I saw Emmett sharpening all four sets of claws on one of our chairs at the same time. Normally any non-sharpening post sharpening pisses us off, but I remember thinking that I'd have to tell the wife about the four pawed claw because Emmett was certainly taking the art of clawing the ever-loving-shit out of the furniture to a new level.

We were then out for most of the day. When we returned, D.J. Kitty was around, but Emmett didn't turn up for dinner.

Making matters worse is that we were hit by some pretty nasty storms last night, the kind no cat would want to be out in. The wife got up in the night and must have let D.J. out while letting the dogs out to potty, because he was mewing to get in at 6 a.m. I could have sworn I heard two different cat voices then, because I even commented to the wife, "Oh, don't you hear the choir of kitties mewing to get in?" But we left them out there, mostly because we recently found a clothes basket full of clean laundry that had been pissed upon. If there really were two, only one turned up for breakfast.

So we're not sure what his status is or if he's even been away for a full 24 hours. I may very well be prematurely calling him missing. But he feels missing.

If you're of a praying mind, please say one for my missing kitty. (And one for Avie, too.)

If you're not of a praying mind... well, pray anyway. God hears the prayers of unbelievers, too.

Thanks.

No comments: