Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tales from the "LiberryCAST"


My original blog Tales from the "Liberry" represented Liberry 1.0 and 2.0 in the whole "Liberry" narrative.

This blog is therefore Liberry 3.0.

Now I would like to call your attention to Liberry 4.0, an all new/old podcast called Tales from the "LiberryCAST."

What's a podcast, you ask? (Okay, so only a couple of you are actually asking that. Chances are if you're a regular blog reader, you know what podcasts are as well. In case not, though...) Podcasts are basically internet-based radio shows that you download with your computer and/or portable media device and listen to at your leisure. (I'm rather partial to Google's LISTEN app for my Droid phone, which syncs up with Google Reader to deliver my daily dose of podcast content. Other phones have similar programs.)

I've been a podcaster for nearly two years now for a nonprofit writers group I work for, but have been Jonesing to turn my skills toward more creative ventures. In a lot of ways, podcasts are like the cable access channel of online media, in that anyone can put together a show for relatively little money and potentially find an audience. Some are great. Some are crap. And there are an awful lot of them. But there aren't very many library-blog-based podcasts, so I figure I'll have that market to myself for a while yet.

As much as I like writing Borderland Tales (and I'm still going to keep writing it), I miss Tales from the "Liberry." I'm terribly proud of that blog and think a goodly chunk of it is worth revisiting. So TFT"LC" is to be a weekly audio adaptation of some of my favorite stories from the five year run of this blog, polished up with a new coat of paint and some behind the scenes commentary. It's a project I've been threatening to do for several months now, but which I've finally pulled the trigger on just to get it off the ground.

The first episode can be found at the Tales from the "LiberryCAST" website and is also available through iTunes. If you like what you hear, pass the word on. You can also follow the podcast courtesy of @LiberryCast on Twitter.

No comments: